Job Title: Community Coordinator
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 9 Months
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package.
Application Deadline: 03/12/2023
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role Of The Job Title:
The Community Coordinator will conduct outreach and facilitate PSS activities in various locations throughout Sulaymaniyah governorate and surrounding areas. The Community Coordinator will coordinate with other service providers conducting PSS activities. The Community Coordinator may contribute to developing PSS interventions and associated materials, and providing training and supervision to staff in the implementation of PSS activities. Community Coordinators may also facilitate PSS sessions on structured manuals they have been trained on. This position reports directly to the PSS Coordinator. The Community Coordinator will ensure that humanitarian actors, beneficiaries, donors and government officials visiting the implementation locations are well received and will undertake coordination with camp managers and/or other stakeholders when required.
Organizational Representation and Community Outreach (35%):
- Develop plans for outreach to community members and identification of families and individuals in need of psychosocial support services that fit within SEED's target population and conduct outreach activities.
- Coordinate with community leaders, government entities, camp management, and other organizations or entities necessary to ensure access to target communities.
- Provide organizational representation at working groups, and other areas as needed.
- Ensure coordination with community members and leaders to identify community needs and concerns and conduct assessments to inform activities conducted.
- Support the preparation and updating of the referral pathways and service mapping.
Deliver High Quality PSS Activities (25%):
- Mobilize clients and community members into groups for PSS activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Facilitate PSS activities, including awareness-raising/education sessions, structured manuals they have been trained in, and/or support groups focused on topics such as mental health, GBV prevention, and/or parenting, in accordance with SEED policies and program objectives.
- As requested by SEED’s technical advisors, contribute to the development of PSS intervention curricula and associated materials through completing activity descriptions.
- Organize, book and schedule PSS activities, training, events, and campaigns planned for the implementing location and ensure that activities take place in a timely manner and in accordance with program objectives and community needs.
Team Coordination (15%):
- Coordinate closely with PSS facilitators, case managers, psychologists, lawyers, and community mobilizers in delivering PSS activities.
- Coordinate between PSS and SD teams to ensure clients are referred to the appropriate service required.
- Register new participants in CommCare-IMS.
- Collect monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities and ensure its accuracy.
- Compile and report on M&E data collected by other service providers. This includes ensuring attendance of participants and keeping hard/ soft copies of attendance sheets.
- Conduct focus group discussions or in depth interviews with participants to assess feedback about activities conducted.
- Track inventory of the supplies (including supplies for PSS and refreshment supplies).
- Raise PRs as needed for PSS activities.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Working collaboratively with all colleagues, and maintaining a positive, cooperative attitude.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a community coordinator, mobilizer, social worker, or case manager, preferably with IDPs or refugees, in an NGO.
- Knowledge of psychosocial support activities, community outreach and mobilization, case management, and referral pathways.
- Experience working with survivors of GBV and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities.
- University degree in a relevant field, in lieu of a degree, 3 years of experience in a relevant field is accepted.
- Counseling experience and/or experience providing psychological first aid a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.