Posted On: 09/10/2023
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (KRI), with occasional travel to other areas of KRI.
Type of position: Employment contract
Length of Contract: 12 months
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: 23/10/2023
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the job title:
SEED is seeking a Finance Assistant to work in SEED’s office in Erbil with frequent travel to other sites within KRI. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks and duties assigned as per the scope of work such as executing authorized payments through both cash and checks in accordance with SEED financial regulations and policies. Keeping accurate cash records and ensuring that all financial transactions, both incoming and outgoing, are documented in alignment with SEED financial guidelines. Furthermore, this role involves the process of assuring a proper archiving and filing mechanism for all designated supporting documentations.
- Effective cash handling and management of cash and all relevant cash instruments within the designated field offices
- Updating and ensuring the accuracy of the daily cash books (Cash monitoring forms) and records of cheque payments.
- Verify and ensure that all Payment Requests and any other payment-related documents have proper support and coding before disbursing cash or issuing checks.
- Preparing payments and making sure that recipients of cash and checks acknowledge receipt, and if requested, obtaining a receipt and attaching it to the payment records.
- Receiving refunds and remaining balances from advances provided to staff and other third parties, and ensuring that timely receipts are issued for all cash refunds received.
- Ensuring that all authorized payments are made promptly, and ensuring that payment documents are accurately compiled and promptly posted on Odoo.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and Finance Department in ensuring the smooth and productive operations of various bank accounts.
- Facilitating any requested financial transactions with SEED bank accounts, including submitting bank letters, processing transfer requests, and handling withdrawals and deposits.
- Perform weekly and obligatory month-end cash reconciliations and cash counts, and be ready for unannounced cash counts as outlined in the SEED cash management policy.
- Make sure that all processed transaction documents are scanned and filed in chronological order into box files every day, and maintain records of all archived documents.
- Retrieve accounting and transaction documents as needed for internal reviews, journal entry reversals, and external audits from the folders or the Odoo system
- Accurately and diligently post approved transactions into Odoo for the purpose of maintaining up-to-date ledgers, enabling the timely and precise generation of financial reports.
- Review and verify transaction listings from Odoo against payment and receipt vouchers to detect any posting errors, and suggest adjusting entries for corrections. Additionally, ensure weekly reconciliations of all cash and bank accounts with Agresso ledger records.
- Under the close guidance of the Finance Manager and the Finance Department, offer assistance for project and entity audits.
- Conduct visits to the field locations within KRI for facilitating various payments, spot checks and data collection.
- Ensure full understanding of and adherence to SEED Foundation’s procedures.
- Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
- Any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other relevant degrees
- Very strong computer skills especially MS.Excel
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and resourceful with a learning and growth mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through this LINK.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.