Job Title: Overnight Caretaker
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 5 Months
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. National compensation package.
Application Deadline: 30/11/2023
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Overnight Caretaker:
The Overnight Caretaker is responsible to provide services to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of trafficking and those at-risk through day-to-day general care and basic support services. The caretaker as a collaborative supporter and a member of the Shelter team with the objective to support the residents with all of their needs while establishing and maintaining an environment for clients that is consistent with the values and mission of the Shelter. He/She will work with shelter residents to communicate or respond where necessary to their emerging needs through collaboration with the Case Managers, Nurse, Shelter Manager and Administrative Coordinator. Provide specific information to the team on any aspects that would affect the wellbeing of the residents. The Caretaker shall be expected to provide night coverage and must be willing and interested to work with team members and residents of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Provides consistent coverage for assigned shifts, working within the team and independently to complete all shift tasks.
- Monitors and supervises shelter and client affairs assists clients of the shelter with needs and questions and maintains shelter order in accordance with SEED policies.
- Enforces shelter policies and follows staff policies and procedures.
- Performs general administrative functions during their shifts and provides appropriate information and referrals for those who need other resources.
- Monitors the activities of clients to ensure the safety of residents.
- Helps clients resolve any issues as they may arise.
- Provides crisis intervention in a timely manner including updating the other team members on observations made on any resident.
- Maintains written and oral communication of incidents in accordance with policies.
- Reports any problems to the Shelter Manager, Administration Coordinator, Service Delivery Coordinator or Case Managers.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in activities designated by the Shelter Manager.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Shelter Manager.
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of SEED Foundation and be driven by the mission of the organization.
- Minimum High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences preferred.
- Experience working with survivors of violence for 2+ years
- Experience working within a shelter serving survivors of violence or vulnerable individuals preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries in working with clients.
- Ability and willingness to perform light housekeeping
- Ability to maintain a quality workplace in a diverse, fast-paced, stressful and changing environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, self-motivation, organization, and resourcefulness while maintaining a
- reputation through proven action of being a team and client-oriented and willing to assist where/when needed.
- Ability to negotiate different personalities and work under competing priorities.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and respond effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the Kurdish and Arabic languages with English as an asset.
- Must be prompt and dependable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.