Program Manager (re-advertisement)
Job Title: Program Manager (re-advertisement)
Location: Erbil - HQ
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Expatriate Compensation Package: includes relocation expenses and housing and local transportation allowances.
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering high quality, holistic approaches, which combine international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan Region. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role Of The Job Title:
The Program Manager will manage international grant programs to provide case management, mental health services, legal services, and psychosocial support activities; capacity building of NGO service providers; and healthy masculinities programming with men and boys. The Program Manager will be responsible for the successful attainment of goals, objectives and targets, ensuring the highest standards of quality. The Program Manager will plan, implement and evaluate the program; oversee all staff and activities; manage the budget; and carry out reporting and donor liaison. The Program Manager reports to the Head of Programs, and will work closely with other Program Managers, Technical Advisors, service delivery manager, field staff, and other units such as Finance and Operations.
Program and Grant Management and Leadership (80%)
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Programs and other Program Managers and sector leads on the full cycle of program management, including design, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Oversee implementation and administration of programs, setting program direction and ensuring that all activities are conducted in full compliance with donor regulations and SEED Foundation policies and procedures.
- Manage budgets, prepare projections, review BVAs, and ensure timely and appropriate spending.
- Develop and update work plans and track progress on all program objectives, activities, and targets, ensuring program implementation is on time, progressing towards targets and within budget.
- Coordinate across technical, programmatic, operational and management teams to facilitate continuity and complementarity of programming.
- Identify challenges with implementation and make recommendations for course correction.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with SEED’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards, and strategic plan.
- Supervise, train and build the capacity of program and service delivery staff, identifying capacity building needs and devising development plans for staff members.
- Conduct appraisals and provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
- Working closely with the MEAL Manager, develop and contribute to the creation of MEAL systems for programs and projects.
- Ensure that MEAL systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course corrections as necessary.
- Lead the drafting process of program reporting, ensuring that reports are of a high quality and submitted on time.
- Support with the development of proposals and concept notes and contribute to the development of SEED’s strategy for the KRI.
Communications, Coordination, and Organizational Representation (20%)
- Support the communication teams in Preparing program-related communications materials including flyers, social media posts, website content, awareness materials, etc.
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with other humanitarian partners, coordination bodies, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs.
- Work closely with program partners and sub-grantees.
- Ensure the respect of SEED’s Code of Conduct, SEED’s policy on Accountability, and ensure compliance with SEED’s policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, humanitarian principles, and contribute to protection, and Age, Gender, Diversity (AGD) mainstreaming into SEED’s programming.
- Undertake any other related duties that may be assigned by the Head of Programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of protection experience, of which at least 3 have been in a management position. Experience in Iraq and the Middle East will be considered an asset.
- University degree relevant for development work, preferably related to gender studies, human rights, international development, law, social work, social sciences or other relevant areas.
- Experience in international development or humanitarian settings working with displaced people.
- Experience managing large programs, multi-year budgets, and leading large teams. Experience working with US government funding will be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of gender and protection mainstreaming, AGD, and AAP approaches and principles.
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
- High standard of spoken and written English;
- Arabic and/or Kurdish is desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.