Translator/Interpreter (Kurdish Sorani - Arabic)
Job Title: Translator/Interpreter (Kurdish Sorani - Arabic)
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 12 Month(s)
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. Local Compensation Package
Application Deadline: 31/10/2023
- About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering high quality, holistic approaches, which combine international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan Region. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role Of The Translator/Interpreter:
We are seeking to hire a qualified, experienced, and dynamic individual to provide written and oral interpretation and translation services in Arabic, English, and Kurdish. Candidates will largely be focused on assisting SEED’s training programs. The successful candidate will have excellent command of all three languages. Written translations will be done in an office setting and oral translations will be done whenever needed across SEED’s office locations.
- Interpret and translate written and oral communications for formal letters, PR materials, social media posts, and other communications pieces.
- Translate program documents (operational and technical), as assigned.
- Provide documents in correct grammatical format as a well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Provide oral translation/interpretation support for training courses, meetings, and events.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Provide administrative (archiving, filing, printing, scanning etc.) support to the Program Officers, and others as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and writing language abilities in English, Kurdish, and Arabic.
- At least three years relevant experience; international NGO or interpretation in a training/classroom setting, a plus.
- Experience working with simultaneous interpretation equipment.
- Knowledge of technical terms within the field of mental health and psychosocial support services (MHPSS) or humanitarian work, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or other relevant areas.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.