Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Location: Duhok - Khanke
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 3 Months (Monthly renewal)
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: 12/12/2023
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Community Mobilizer:
The Community Mobilizer will work in a variety of communities across Duhok Governorate alongside a team of PSS facilitator(s). He/she will be responsible for conducting outreach and disseminating information about the structured PSS groups under this project. It is important that the Community Mobilizer establishes and develops mutual understanding, cooperation, and trust between the project staff and the target communities. The Community Mobilizer will also conduct community awareness events in various locations throughout Duhok governorate. The Community Mobilizer will support the PSS Facilitators while they deliver Structured PSS sessions. The Community Mobilizer should be compassionate, confident, diligent, trustworthy, and resourceful. The Community Mobilizer should have experience working with internally displaced people and refugees. The Community Mobilizer must be willing and interested in working with people of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Conduct outreach and recruit participants for programmatic activities.
- Mobilize clients and community members into groups for structured PSS activities, recreational activities, support groups, and other activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Support PSS facilitators to reach out to beneficiaries regarding any updates and changes in the PSS group schedules or project implementation.
- Register participants and take attendance for group sessions.
- Ensure program documents are filed and archived appropriately (including attendance sheets, pre/post tests, etc).
- Maintain good relations with the community, community leaders, authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the community in obtaining information, knowledge, and access to services through outreach activities, including providing information about SEED's services and other available services.
- Support the facilitator with group sessions by procuring supplies and refreshments for the sessions.
- Organize transportation for sessions, if needed.
- Support with reminder calls to group participants and conduct follow up visits if needed.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, co-workers, and partner agencies.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of beneficiaries at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- A University degree in a relevant field, in lieu of a degree, extensive experience in a relevant field is accepted.
- Work experience with humanitarian agencies and familiarity with Humanitarian Principles and Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with adolescents and adults (staff and community members)
- Capacity to maintain excellent working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Full adherence to Child Safeguarding, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work in a team.
- Fluent Arabic and Kurdish (Kormanji/Bahdini) language skills (speaking and writing), English an asset.
- Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office packages.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via this LINK.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.