Driver (with Vehicle)
Job Title: Driver (with Vehicle)
Type of Position: Full-time
Length of Contract: 12 Months (Monthly renewal until terminated in writing)
Compensation And Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: 10/01/2024
About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Driver: The driver is a full-time position based in Erbil with regular visits to other sites within KRI. The driver will be responsible for driving staff from Erbil to all SEED Foundation related camps in other areas within KRI and undertake other trips as required by management.
- Responsible and safe driving in accordance with the laws of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and SEED’s Fleet Policy, with the safety of the passengers as the highest priority.
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during training and workshops.
- The contractor must perform maintenance duties in the office during the time spent in the office.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets SEED safety and security standards.
- Possess a valid driving license and always have it ready for inspection.
- Experience from working as a Driver in a professional environment.
- Flexibility with working shifts (morning, evening and late-night).
- Always wear a safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same.
- Phone calls during driving are not allowed.
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Check on a weekly basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, windshield liquid, etc.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns, and needs of repair and general maintenance/service.
- Organize any necessary maintenance after receiving the supervisor’s approval.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.).
- Support the logistics team for manual tasks.
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience from working as a driver in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good knowledge in Kurdish and Arabic, English is a plus.
- Geographical area knowledge.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Typical Vehicles - Minimum Specification:
- Model: 2018 and above
- Type: 6-seater with the driver including fuel, ongoing maintenance, in accordance with SEED’s Fleet Policy and other requirements, and insurance.
- The Vehicle must be in sound and safe condition and free of any known faults or defects that would affect its safe operation under normal use.
- The Vehicle must be insured by an authorized insurance company.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via this LINK.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.